Some Things

April 12, 2011

Some random updates:

  • PHP’s gettext support made me want to smoke crack so I ported the entire servo localisation to one based on JSON. Also, POEdit is rubbish so I feel much better now. Also wrote a simple tool to convert existing PO files to JSON.

  • The only thing I was missing from POEdit was the ability to quickly scan the sources for updated strings. So I wrote this thing which actually works pretty well. By the way, my gettext function is called __().

  • MTK now includes a tool to report the build number of any OS X volume. In case you ever have to match any of these.

  • iTunesScrubber now has a “GUI”. It’s a simple droplet that contains the AtomicParsley binary and my script. Just drop your iTunes Store M4A(s) on it and it’ll ask for a destination folder for the cleaned files.

  • Apache 2.2 (at least on FreeBSD) comes with a weird WebDAV default configuration which causes every /uploads URL to trigger an Access Denied error, such as this:

    client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/uploads

The solution (if you need DAV support in the first place), is to edit /usr/local/etc/apache22/extra/httpd-dav.conf and set

Alias /uploads "/usr/local/uploads"

to something else. Sounds obvious now, but was driving me nuts…

  • Indiegogo.com seems nice. It’s exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of a while ago. I found it because a friend of mine is working ona movie project and they’re trying to raise some of the funding through that. Go check it out!