A while back I wrote a little utility to ease imaging large collections of discs. I had to use it recently only to discover that it didn't work anymore. Don't know why - the mount notifications just weren't firing. Tired of fussing around with PyObjc, I rewrote the whole thing in clean Objective C and everything seems to work fine again.
There are also some improvements - you can now specify the output path (defaults to the current directory) as the first argument as well as run it with any number of optical drives (I tested it with 2). The discs are also ejected automatically after a successful rip. And most importantly, the tool is now licensed under the WTFPL. ;-)
Grab the source or universal binary from Github.